Registrar Office Background
The Registrar Office, which was created in tandem with the formation of Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN) in 1997, has been at the forefront of UNITEN throughout its existence. As a leading partner in UNITEN, theRegistrar Office has evolved to meet the changing demand trends of UNITEN students.
The Registrar Office started out with three units, namely the Academic Unit, Enrolment Unit and Student Affairs Unit (HEP). In 2001, Accommodation UNITEN was created under HEP. Later, an increasing demand for students' sports and recreational programmes necessitated the creation of a fourth unit dedicated to such endeavours, thus named the Sports and Culture Unit. The Registrar Office then grew in size upon the addition of the Marketing and International Relations Unit.
The restructuring of the Registrar Office in 2007 saw significant changes in terms of the organisational structure and function. This resulted in a leaner organisation, more focused on two units which are the Academic and Enrolment units under the stewardship of the new Registrar.
Mr. Faizul Abdul Raof Faiz
Tel: (603)-8928 7121
Responsibilities of Registrar Office
The Registrar Office is responsible for the following:
- Administering and managing the registration of new students, student records and student activities
- Managing schedule of classes and registration of courses
- Organising commencements and convocations
- Managing academic standards
Enrolment Unit Functions
- Planning and coordinating recruitment of new students of the university.
- Planning and coordinating registration of new students.
- Supervising maintenance of students records and status.
- Supervising coordination of the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) examination held in UNITEN.
- Supervising the updating of student statistic reports
Academic Unit Functions
- To effectively plan and administer lectures and examinations timetables.
- To efficiently coordinate and manage examinations, processing of grades and dissemination of academic results to students and parents/sponsors.
- To plan, coordinate and organise graduation ceremonies/convocation.
- To monitor academic records for graduation purposes.
- To organise accreditation reports.