International Application Checklist
1. Prepare the below document in soft copy PDF format:
- First page of passport
- Academic transcript
- IELTS/TOEFL or official English requirement certificate
2. Apply online and upload soft copy of the above.
3. Letter Offer will be given to successful applicant via e-mail.
4. Prepare new visa documents and payment of RM3,000 before dateline. Required documents (hardcopies) are:
- 2 copies of Offer Letter (Please print out from UNITEN Online Application system)
- 2 copies of receipt of Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) and Application Processing Fees RM3,000 Email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- 4 copies of passport size (5cm x 4cm) photographs in white background, natural expression, no smiling, no spectacle and facing forward
- 3 photocopies of passport (All pages including blank pages). Validity of passport must at least 2 years (Foundation Programme) and 5 years (Bachelor Programme) from the registration date
- 2 copies of Pre Medical Examination Report for International Student
- 2 copies of Academic Transcript
- 2 copies of English certificates (IELTS/TOEFL)
- 2 copies of Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (for Africa/Central & South America only)
- 1 set of copy documents for Non Objection Certificate (NOC) for Sudanese at Sudan Embassy in Malaysia / Letter of Eligibility (LOE) for Iranian at Iran Embassy in Malaysia. Documents are listed as : Payment of RM100 *(NOC fee), 1 copy of passport (All pages) and 1 copy of offer letter.
Please send the listed document above in hard copy forms to:
Madam Nurul Dhaniyah
Marketing and Student Admission Department
Universiti Tenaga Nasional
43000 Kajang, Selangor, MALAYSIA.
5. For applicant who are transferring from another Institution in Malaysia to Universiti Tenaga Nasional, please prepare the following documents together with documents no 4.
- Release letter from previous institution
- Latest academic attendance record
- Academic transcripts
- Evident of cancellation of student pass.
6. Once complete documents and payments are received, International Admission will start processing new student Visa Approval Letter (VAL) with EMGS. Applicant is encouraged to submit early application.
7.Generally, VAL is obtained within 6 to 8 weeks. Approval of your VAL is entirely at the discretion of the Malaysian Immigration Department.
8. Applicant can download the VAL directly at https://educationmalaysia.gov.my/emgs/application/searchForm/
9. Applicant is required to check immigration procedure before entering Malaysia. In certain case, applicant (depending on the countries) must obtain visa namely Single-entry visa in nearby Malaysian office Embassies or consulate before traveling to Malaysia.
10. Applicant is required to send arrival form and flight ticket to the University representative who is responsible for student pick up.
11. University representative will meet and assist you at the airport. Please make sure your VAL/Single Entry Visa is printed and ready to show to Immigration Officer at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
12. Student will be required to submit for medical screening in Malaysia within 5 to 7 days upon your arrival in the University.