OCBC Bank Scholarship 2020
OCBC Bank offers bond-free scholarships to help bright and talented youths from tertiary education institutions pursue their academic dreams. As an OCBC scholar, you will take on an internship and experience what it’s like to be a part of the OCBC family.
OCBC Bank philosophy is to nurture talented and outstanding individuals by providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities to help develop their full potential through quality education. Since the 1970s, the OCBC Public Scholarship has been providing financial assistance to help bright and promising youths in achieving their ambitions.
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Electrical Power Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Systems and Networking) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Software Engineering) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Cyber Security) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Information Systems) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Visual Media) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Graphics & M/media) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Economics (Energy) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Economics (Hons)
- Bachelor of Accounting (Hons) | KSHAS
- Bachelor of Finance (Hons) | KSHAS
- Bachelor of International Business (Hons) | KSHAS
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) in Marketing | KSHAS
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) in Human Resource Management | KSHAS
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) in Entrepreneurship & Venture Management | KSHAS.
TERMS OF APPLICATIONS.
The scholarship is open to students who have gained admission or are eligible for admission into first year full-time undergraduate studies at Universiti Tenaga Nasional. OCBC also welcome first year students of this university to apply.
- Malaysian citizen
- Minimum 7As in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM); or 5As in Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
- Minimum 2As in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM); or 2As in GCE A-Level
- Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50 in Matriculation/Foundation Studies
- Minimum CGPA of 3.50 for existing first year undergraduates
- Holds leadership positions in extra-curricular activities, societies and clubs in school/university
- Possesses a dynamic personality with excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship or award from any other organisations and/or institutions
- Family household income of no more than RM 7,000 monthly.
The annual value of each is as follow:
- RM23,000 per year per student who has gained admission into Universiti Tenaga Nasional.
The scholarship is tenable for the minimum period required to complete a course leading to a first degree - subject to consistent and excellent academic performance.
- Apart from financial assistance to support both tuition fees and daily living expenses, OCBC also provide their scholars with priority internship opportunities to gain hands-on experiences while working on projects.
- Take a sneak peek at OCBC day-to-day operations and leap at the chance to network with the professionals.
- OCBC engages graduating scholars in Career Conversations as they understand the importance of being prepared when you enter the workforce.
- All candidates will be required to avail themselves for employment at OCBC Bank. However, if for any reason the Bank decides this is not needed, or is unable to employ the candidate, it will duly release him or her from this requirement.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Complete the application form that can be downloaded HERE
- Prepare an essay of 800 words on the topic : "Have you been in leadership positions in school / university? If yes, what are the biggest challenges you have faced and what have you learned from it?"
- Ensure all documents required are submitted along. You can download the scholarship checklist HERE
- Opening date - 09 Mar 2020.
- Closing date - 30 June 2020.
Please send in completed application form, essay and supporting documents (as listed in the scholarship checklist) to us before or latest on 30th June (annually) to the address below:
OCBC Public Scholarship MALAYSIA
OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad
5th Floor, Wisma Lee Rubber, 1 Jalan Melaka,
50100 Kuala Lumpur
For enquiries, email us at MYScholarship@ocbc.com