PIDM Undergraduate Scholarship Program
The programme is intended to reach out to deserving Malaysians who are in need of financial aid to pursue their education.
PIDM is a statutory body that protects against the loss of bank deposits, as well as takaful and insurance benefits in the unlikely event of a member institution failure and is mandated to promote public confidence in the stability of the financial system in Malaysia.
- Business Administration
- International Business
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Human Resource Management
The scholarship will be offered on a yearly basis to a maximum of 20 successful applicants, to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies locally.
This notice of offer for the scholarship is open for applications from all Malaysian students in need of funding. Students who have started their undergraduate studies are also eligible to apply provided they meet the requirements.
- You must be a Malaysian citizen under 25 years of age (as of 1 January 2020) and be a full time student;
- You must have good academic results in SPM (minimum 5As with credits in Bahasa Malaysia and English) or STPM or A-Level equivalent (minimum 2As). In the absence of STPM or A-Levels, the applicant should possess Pre-University entrance examination (such as, foundation, matriculation or diploma), with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (“CGPA”) of 3.50 and above;
- You must be a full-time student and have gained admission into any of the courses related to the field of studies listed here, which has been approved and accredited by Lembaga Akreditasi Negara (LAN), in a college or university in Malaysia as approved by PIDM;
- Not be in a position to take on the course without financial aid or award;
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation;
- Not have been terminated from or ceased to be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation, due to disciplinary action against the applicant;
- Applications will only be considered if they meet the eligibility criteria; the specific field of study and the list of colleges and universities as approved by PIDM.
The terms and conditions of the scholarship programme may be varied by PIDM at its sole discretion from time to time without notice. Any award of scholarship is at PIDM’s sole discretion. No appeal will be entertained.
- Up to RM10,000 a year in course fees or the actual cost, whichever is lower;
- Up to RM2,000 in allowances for learning aids including books, computer, stationeries and other materials per semester or up to RM4,000 per year;
- Up to a maximum of RM6,000 allowance per year or RM500 per month;
- There will be no bond to this scholarship and the recipients are not required to repay the amount of scholarship awarded.
In summary, the programme will cover the above fees and allowance up to a maximum of RM20,000 per person per annum. During the period of internship with PIDM, each recipient will receive a monthly allowance of RM1,000 for a six-month period.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Application for PIDM Undergraduate Scholarship Program for intake 2020 is now open. Please apply online at the link below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for assessments. You may submit your application prior to receiving your acceptance by one of the PIDM approved list of colleges and universities. However, any offer of scholarship will be conditional upon you meeting all necessary conditions and upon securing admission into one of the eligible programs at one of the approved colleges or universities.
- Opening date - 09 Mar 2020.
- Closing date - 14 April 2020.
If you have any further enquiries, please direct it to our email address at: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you may contact Ms. Beatrice Low at 03-2173 7475.