International Application Checklist
1. Prepare the below document in soft copy PDF format:
- The first page of the passport
- Academic transcript
- IELTS/TOEFL or official English requirement certificate
2. Apply online and upload a soft copy of the above.
3. Letter of Offer will be given to the successful applicants via e-mail.
4. Prepare new visa documents and payment of RM3,000 before the dateline. Required documents (hardcopies) are:
- Offer Letter (Please print out from UNITEN Online Application system)
- Receipt of Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) and Application Processing Fees RM3,150 Email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Passport size (5cm x 4cm) photographs in white background, natural expression, no smiling, no spectacle, and facing forward
- Passport (All pages including blank pages). Validity of the passport must be at least 2 years (Foundation Programme) and 5 years (Bachelor Programme) from the registration date
- Pre-Medical Examination Report for International Student
- Academic Transcript
- English certificates (IELTS/TOEFL)
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (for Africa/Central & South America only)
- Kindly observe the following checklist for Sudan, Iran, and Oman Nationals:
- 1 copy of passport (All pages)
- 1 copy of the offer letter
- Payment of MYR200 *(NOC fee) for Sudan Nationals only
- Non-Objection Certificate (NOC) for Sudan Nationals at Sudan Embassy in Malaysia
- Letter of Eligibility (LOE) for Iran Nationals at the Iran Embassy in Malaysia
- Oman Nationals: Applicant is required to apply for a - Objection Letter directly at the below link: https://eservices.mohe.gov.om/Student/StudentStartQuestions.aspx?lang=ar
Please send the listed document above in soft copy forms to:
Mr. Muhammad Hafifi Bin Ahmad Tarmizi
Marketing and Student Admission Department
5. For applicants who are transferring from another Institution in Malaysia to Universiti Tenaga Nasional, please prepare the following documents together with the document no 4.
- Release letter from the previous institution
- Latest academic attendance record
- Academic transcripts
- Evident of cancellation of student pass.
6. Once complete documents and payments are received, International Admission will start processing new student Electronic Visa Approval Letter (e-VAL) with EMGS. An applicant is encouraged to submit an early application.
7. Generally, e-VAL is obtained within 6 to 8 weeks. Approval of your e-VAL is entirely at the discretion of the Malaysian Immigration Department.
8. Applicant can download the e-VAL directly at https://educationmalaysia.gov.my/emgs/application/searchForm/
9. Applicant is required to check the immigration procedure before entering Malaysia. In certain cases, the applicant (depending on the country) must obtain a visa namely a Single-entry visa in a nearby Malaysian office Embassy, or consulate before traveling to Malaysia.
10. Applicant is required to send an arrival form and flight ticket to the University.
11. Please make sure your e-VAL/Single Entry Visa is printed and ready to show to Immigration Officer at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
12. Students will be required to submit for medical screening in Malaysia within 5 to 7 days of their arrival at the University.