The Department of Computing offers Foundation in Computer Science (FCS), Foundation in Information Technology (FIT) and Diploma in Computer Science (DCS) programs.
The foundation programs (FCS & FIT) offered by this department will equip the students with the necessary knowledge and skills to enable them to successfully pursue their respective degree programs. Among the subjects to be undertaken by foundation students are Introduction to Computing, Personal Productivity with Technology, Critical Thinking, Fundamental of Data & Information, etc. Students will also be exposed to various out-of-class activities.
Students successfully completed their FCS program will be able to enter into Bachelor of Science program and those completed their FIT program will be able to enter into Bachelor of Information Technology program.
The department is equipped with sufficient computer and physics laboratories. All the laboratories are air-conditioned and equipped with the state-of-the-art equipment. Laboratory classes are conducted either by lecturers themselves or tutors, who are closely supervised by the lecturers.
Minimum Entry Requirement
SIJIL PELAJARAN MALAYSIA ( SPM)
- Pass SPM or equivalent with a minimum of credits (grade C) in 5 subjects inclusive Mathematics; or
- Pass O-Level from Public or Private Higher Education Institutions, local or international, recognized by the Government of Malaysia with minimum of credit (grade C) in 5 subjects inclusive Mathematics; or
- Pass UEC with a minimum of grade B in 4 subjects inclusive Mathematics; or
- Other equivalent qualification recognized by Government of Malaysia.
- Introduction to Computing
- College Algebra
- Islamic/Moral Studies
- Malaysian Culture for International Student
- Foundation English I
- Psychology of Thinking
- Personal Productivity with Information Technology
- Business Mathematics
- English for Academic Purposes
- Introduction to Business
- Kor UNITEN
- Introduction to Physics
- Introduction to Problem Solving and Basic Computer
- Introduction to Malaysian Constitution
- Fundamentals of Data and Information
- Writing Skills
RM 15,000 / year
RM 18,000 / year
USD 4,500 / year
RM 780 / semester
EMGS & Application
RM 780 / semester
USD 195 / semester