Master of Civil Engineering (By Research)
Master of Civil Engineering (Structure A) is a full research program where candidates are given unique opportunity to follow their interest in a specialized area of research of Civil Engineering for 1 - 4 years and make an important academic contribution to the knowledge of chosen research area. Prospective candidates are future researchers/ academicians in universities and/or research institutions, R&D Engineers, Engineering Specialists and Technopreneurs.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, as accepted by the HEP Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment; or
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field and rigorous internal assessment.
- Candidates without a qualification in the related fields or relevant working experience must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the HEP and meet the minimum CGPA based on (i) to (iii).
- For international students: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 500 or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 or its equivalent.
The program can be completed within 2-3 years for full-time candidates and 3-4 years for part-time candidates. Candidates who enroll in this program are required to register for the following courses:
- UNIM613 Research Methodology for Research Students
- MPRM572 Research Project
Key Research Areas
- Asset Management
- Construction and Building Materials
- Environmental and Wastewater Engineering
- Forensic Engineering
- Geotechnical and Geological Engineering
- Highway and Transportation Engineering
- Hydropower and Dam Engineering
- Project Management
- Structural Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
A graduate of the Master of Civil Engineering (Structure A) program would have acquired advanced knowledge in a specialized area that will open up opportunities for careers in various areas of civil engineering including, but not limited to, structural engineering design, geotechnical and foundation engineering design, highway and transportation planning, water and wastewater management and project management in construction industry. They will also have the option to pursue a Doctor of Philosophy degree and thereafter embark on an academic career.
RM 14,800 total fees
RM 16,800 total fees
USD 4,200 total fees
EMGS & Application