Master of Structural Engineering (By Coursework & Project)
Master of Structural Engineering (Structure C) is a quarter research program of which candidates are given the unique opportunity to follow their interest in a specialized area of research in Structural Engineering for 2 semesters worth 10 credit hours. Apart from that, the students will be attending 10 postgraduate courses which comprise 1 compulsory course, 6 core courses, and 3 elective courses with a total 30 credit hours whereby the students will be equipped with advanced technical knowledge in the field of structural engineering.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the HEP Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and not meeting a CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment.
- Candidates without a qualification in the related fields or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the HEP and meet the minimum CGPA based on (i) to (ii).
- For international students: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 500 or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 or its equivalent.
- Relevant APEL-A certification from MQA
The program can be completed within 1-3 years for full-time candidates and 2-4 years for part-time candidates. Candidates who enroll in this program are required to register for the following courses:
Compulsory course (3 credit hours)
- UNIM513 Research Methodology
Core courses (18 credit hours each 3 credit hours)
- CESM523 Construction Management
- CESM513 Advanced Structural Analysis & Finite Element Method
- CESM613 Structural Dynamics & Stability
- CESM623 Construction Materials, Assessment & Rehabilitation
- CESM543 Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design
- CESM563 Design of Tall Buildings
Elective courses (9 credit hours each 3 credit hours) (Choose 3 out of the 5 courses)
- CESM573 Advanced Steel Design
- CESM583 Fire Safety Engineering Design of Structures
- CEGM553 Advanced Foundation Engineering
- CEGM563 Hydraulic, Offshore & Energy Structures
- CESM593 Advanced Concrete Technology
Project (10 credit hours)
- CERP610 Project
A graduate of the Master of Structural Engineering (Structure C) program would have acquired advanced knowledge in a specialized area that will open up opportunities for careers in various areas of structural engineering including, but not limited to, civil and structural engineering design, building and infrastructure construction, quality engineering, structural repair, assessment and rehabilitation and construction management. They will also have the option to pursue a Doctor of Philosophy degree and thereafter embark on an academic career.
RM 27,300 total fees
RM 30,300 total fees
USD 7,576 total fees
EMGS & Application