Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (PIDM)
UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
- The scholarship will be offered on a yearly basis to a maximum of 20 successful applicants, to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies locally.
- This scholarship is open for application from all Malaysian students in need of funding. Students who have started their degree are also eligible to apply provided they meet the requirements.
- You must be a Malaysian citizen under 25 years of age (as of 1 January 2023).
- Applicants who have completed the Pre-University or are in the final semester of the Pre-University only will be eligible to apply.
- You must have good academic results in SPM (minimum 5As with credits in Bahasa Melayu and English) and STPM or A-Levels equivalent (minimum 2As). In the absence of STPM or A-Levels, the applicant should possess a Pre-University entrance examination (such as foundation, matriculation, or diploma), with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (“CGPA”) of 3.50 and above;
- You must be a full-time student and have gained admission or are waiting for placement into any of the courses which are relevant to PIDM’s business and have been approved and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (“MQA”), in a college or university in Malaysia as approved by PIDM;
- Not be in a position to take on the course without financial aid or an award;
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid, or award from any institution, organisation or foundation;
- Not have been terminated from or ceased to be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid, or award from any institution, organisation, or foundation, due to disciplinary action against the applicant;
- Only top universities such as those that are listed in the Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings (“QS”) and Times Higher Education Rankings (“THE”) will be given due consideration.
- Applications will only be considered if they meet the eligibility criteria; the specific field of study and the list of colleges and universities as approved by PIDM.
- The terms and conditions of the scholarship programme may be varied by PIDM at its sole discretion from time to time without notice. Any award of scholarship is at PIDM’s sole discretion. No appeal will be entertained.
- Up to RM20,000 a year in course fees or the actual cost, whichever is lower;
- Up to RM2,000 in allowances for learning aids including books, computers, stationeries and other materials per semester or up to RM4,000 per year;
- Up to a maximum of RM6,000 allowance per year or RM500 per month;
- There will be no bond to this scholarship and the recipients are not required to repay the amount of the scholarship awarded.
- Mentoring and Coaching
Our readily available pool of mentors, drawn from PIDM’s own workforce as well as scholars’ alumni is available to all scholars in providing support, consistent and continuous mentoring and coaching throughout the programme. Scholars can tap and leverage the experiences from the mentoring pool.
- Internship Programme
As part of the strategic design of the programme, graduates may be offered paid internship opportunities in PIDM to apply what they have learned in an operational context (subject to a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or a minimum ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations).
- In summary, the programme will cover the above fees and allowances up to a maximum of RM30,000 per person per annum. During the period of internship with PIDM, each recipient will receive a monthly allowance of RM1,000.
PRE-REQUISITES AND CONDITIONS
The list of pre-requisites includes:
- A requirement to provide information on income for the applicant and/or parent(s);
- The offer of scholarship will be subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions of a scholarship agreement with PIDM;
- Recipients of the scholarship award will be required to fulfill conditions as set out in the scholarship agreement including, but not limited to, maintaining a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or achieving a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations.
WHAT ARE ELIGIBLE FIELDS OF STUDY
- Preference will be given to courses related to digital skills such as computer science, information technology, data analytics, digitalization, artificial intelligence, technology design, programming, cyber security, and other related courses.
Other fields of study such as risk management, actuarial science, banking & finance, statistics, economics, accounting, and sustainability will also be considered.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ONLINE APPLICATION
- Online Application Registration at:
- Closing date – 24 April 2023
If you have any further inquiries, please direct them to email@example.com or contact, Ms. Beatrice Low, at 03-2173 7475 or Mr. Zulkefli Mohamed Noor at 03-2173 7598.