On 14 July 2010, UNITEN received the Appointment Offer as Assistant Amil on behalf of the Trustee of the Selangor Zakat Board (LZS). Subsequently, on 2 September 2010, UNITEN and LZS signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) of UNITEN Appointment as Assistant Amil and officially established the Tabung Amanah Zakat UNITEN (TAZU).
To be a center of excellence in empowering human capital
1. Raise funds to generate Muslim professionals
2. Build understanding of UNITEN citizens through the practice of Islamic values
The goal of Tabung Amanah Zakat UNITEN establishment is as an alternative source of finance to help eligible students who belong to Asnaf Zakat to receive assistance in continuing their studies.
1. Seek and receive contributions from various parties
2. Raise the financial resources to generate Muslim professionals
3. Provide financial support for UNITEN students who in need
4. Act as the One Stop Center in various academic and spiritual activities.
Zakat Payment Method
Tabung Amanah Zakat UNITEN carries out zakat collection from UNITEN employees, TNB, subsidiaries, alumni and vendors. Zakat payment is done via:
- Skim Potongan Gaji (SPG) / Salary Deduction Scheme
- Payment via Tabung Amanah Zakat UNITEN counter located at the UNITEN Mosque
Borang Skim Potongan Gaji